The Sellwood Neighborhood (We're ready to secede!)

Amusing musings on the Sellwood-Moreland neighboorhood. Local History, Current Events, Neighbors, Local Characters and Future Plans.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Today we spent a bit at the Ugly Mug then over to Curds and Whey for a sandwich. It's a pretty ok joint with some good cheese. I think it's going to be tough for them as the presentation is a bit off (.24 cents worth of spring mix in the box with our grill cheese and I wouldn't have thought twice about it)and if it my spot I'd give 100% to the cheese platters, cheese meals for two kind of thing. I wouldn't mess with sandwiches. I think the 20.00 dinner for two cheese tray is the best thing they have going and them being open until 7pm... they could pack it for picnics, set it up so it goes with whatever wine, do like a package thing. I wonder if anyones doing this but if you had a shop like that you could have tupperwear parties but like for cheese. Someone comes over, brings a load of cheese, gives demos and takes orders. I think cheese is an easier sell than wine as the size is adjustable to every income. 22.99 a lb, oh hai, I'll takes .003 wurth. This joint had a lot of samples out which is great and they've been there for at least a year now so they're doing something right.

Multnomah County Fair is in town down at Oaks Park, the boys went last year and claimed it was pretty lame. Less of a fair and more of a, like... when the park has all those fire engines and they give you a big plastic bag with a pencil in it and let you ride in the earthquake house? Safety Carnival? Weinerdog races are def. the highlight. Sneaky German bastards!

While sitting at the Ugly Mug we saw 7 people we knew. I don't know if this is charming or nearly annoying. I need to stop being uptight and anti-social.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home